FAVOURITE MUSIC VIDEOS → Take It Off - Ke$ha
There’s a place I know, if you’re looking for a show, where they go hardcore, and there’s glitter on the floor
- It’s one of the only mainstream expressions of aggressive feminism in music that I have ever seen in my lifetime. Lily Allen not only hints at oppression, she straight up calls it out, makes fun of it and spits in it’s face. She points to not only inequalities in music and video culture, but a woman’s overall experience with the patriarchy in a way that’s fresh, harsh, and 100% on point.
- She manages to include feminism AND sex positivity
- The chorus has the line “forget your balls and grow a pair of tits” which I mean really do I have to explain why this is great
- She calls out BOTH Robin Thicke and Miley Cyrus. She has a direct line that references blurred lines (“have you thought about your butt, who’s gonna tear it in two”) and all of the twerking/licking random objects clearly speaks to Miley’s videos and her use of women of color as objects.
- Even more than that, every scene in the video mirrors music videos and different ways of objectifying women.
- "We’ve never had it so good, we’re out of the woods" is a statement that’s made fun of, which, if you’re a feminist, is a phrase that you hear constantly. It’s so refreshing to see that kind of pacifism mocked in a mainstream setting
- There’s a ton of humor in it. It’s funny, honest and biting, all without being overwhelming. This is absolutely something to support.
HERE’S A LINK TO THE VIDEO. And if you’re in the UK, go buy it on iTunes now and support Lily Allen!! It’s not every day that you encounter a female artist that dares to speak her mind.
Really love this song.
Work Out - J. Cole
okay but I love the background guy sayin do do do do do do
American Boy (feat. Kanye West) - Estelle
Demo is in the left ear, official is in the right
THIS IS FUCKING GENIUS!!!!! OMFGGGGG 😱😱😱 I LOVE YOU.
SO FCKING AMAZING I LOVE HOW THE CHORUS IS IN SYNC